Sunday, September 2, 2007

True Beauty: Our Theme Song Has Arrived

I have to admit, I am not really an American Idol die-hard. I've watched the finale shows almost every year, but for some reason, I can't sit through all those weeks of so-so singing and constant berating by the judges. So you can imagine my surprise when I found out Mandisa was a former contestant on the show. I'd missed the whole thing.

After all the things that happened during American Idol, Season 5, Mandisa Hundley has finally proved she is a survivor. Last month, she released her first album, True Beauty. Since starting this blog, I felt the song would be appropriate as our theme song. So, I visited her web site. And that's when I knew Mandisa was more than just an idol. She was an icon.

I couldn't stop listening to each clip of the CD. The music rich and the lyrics easy to remember, Mandisa's voice carried every note and hit me right to my core. I had to buy the CD.

Only the World and her rendition of Shackles accompany her CD's title song, True Beauty.

Not only can this sister blow, she is a beauty queen. She has no problem striking a pose for the cameras, and wears an attitude of confidence and poise. Mandisa is a true beauty, because she celebrates the things that make her special.

Mandisa is an excellent example of a positive role model in the media. She's always been true to herself and to her beliefs .How many people in the public eye have affected your life in a positive way? With all the scandal in the news lately, I wonder if anyone got any sense any more.

So ladies, I want to hear you make some noise. Leave a comment and if you haven't already, make sure to subscribe to the blog.

Peace ya'll.

No comments: